Monday, April 10, 2006

Planting Seeds.

Today started out to be a fairly good day, despite the tummy aches. We are learning about the "nt" blend. So I decided to have the kids pla"nt" some seeds today.
















Who knows whether the seeds will come up or not. My children had a different idea about planting than I did. First they dug up dirt. And then they put the dirt in some area not around where we were planting the seeds.















Then I gave them the seeds. They did pretty well with this part. They seem to scatter them where they were supposed to go.


Then I tried to cover up the seeds with the extra dirt (hmmm where did it go?), but they just wanted to step in them. So who knows where these wild flowers will pop up if they got on their shoes.


Then came the watering. Yes, they all had turns watering. So now we have a very wet spot of dirt with seeds hopefully still in the ground.

I guess the main thing is they had fun. Fun...fun...fun until they came inside and fell apart.

I would like to apologize to anyone who called me today, because I don't think I finished one conversation. And that is including the doctor's office. I had to cut that short because Austin was about to break his leg.




2 comments:

Dana said...

What a great idea! Can you come to my house and teach us the 'nt' blend too? Please!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to pray these seeds sprout and make beautiful flowers. What a good lesson for the "trips" and what a wonderful scrapbook opportunity!