Friday, March 31, 2006

Crocs- apparantly it's a shoe

I have heel spurs (technical term plantanious mumbo jumbo). They are hurting like crazy! Anyway, I was told that I should get some Crocs because they are really super comfy, especially in the heel.

So as soon as I have some free time I am going to buy a pair of those ugly shoes. They are SO UGLY! I don't get it...why do they go and make a comfy shoe ugly?

Well anyway, I'm going out to buy some. And I'm going to have to trust that you will tell me when they are out of style. Because I don't want to be around my girlfriends 10 years later and ya'll are saying, "Remember when it was cool to where crocs". And I will sheepishly grin and kick my crocs to the side like I forgot to where shoes and just laugh with you all. And I'll join in saying, "OH yah we thought those were so cool." LOL.

So what color should I get?

2 comments:

Jann Gray said...

Oh they are definitely the shoe! I HATE standing on my feet for hours on end when I am working a convention...my feet hurt...my legs hurt...finally my back starts hurting...(most conventions require me standing on concrete)...and this last one...I wore crocs and stood all day long and didn't feel a bit of pain. I don't know what it is -- but they just fit them right...or added support just right or whatever.

I am with you on the "not so cute" part -- looking DOWN at my feet they felt extra WIDE...and I don't like adding WIDENESS to any part of my body. But I see them on other people (who have my same size foot) and they look cute -- not wide at all...so perhaps it is just the "looking down" part that makes them look bad. That makes me think that "looking down" on ANYthing is a bad idea...hmmmmmmm...have to ponder that one -- but not here -- this is YOUR blog and it is about you and your hunt for fabulous new shoes to make your tootsies and healsies feel all better.

Color you ask? Well, I am partial to the black, the green (kind of a mistletoe color) and the navy ones...but I accidently got a pair of the BRIGHT pink ones...talk about shoes that will be NOTICED!?!?!?! *laughing*

It was good seeing you tonight and hanging...you are a good woman. Thanks for sharing stories about your kids...you make me smile and realize that wherever one find oneself -- it is filled with challenges. Good perspective....

See...openess begets openness!

Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Okay, looks like this is one "old lady" who needs to find some crocs! One problem, I'm really in the dark as to how to find them, since I don't know what they are.

Will people laugh at me behind my back? Weill they go with "granny" clothes? Is there anything they do go with well? Do they look a little like wooden shoes? Are they leather? Is crocs a brand or just a style? My tootsies are calling for crocs!