Sunday, May 21, 2006

One of THOSE days

Well we were having ONE OF THOSE DAYS today. Is it a full moon? We went to Pizza Hutt and the kids were all over the place. Climbing over the booths, getting under the tables, running to and from the bathroom. I was so embarrassed. I know if this was someone else and I was witnessing this, I would have thought, "Gee get your children under control". Believe me I tried. There wasn't much I could do. I tried putting Mason in my lap for time out but he just screamed. I was ready to spank, but you can't do that in public anymore.

Anyway, one guy came up to me as I was looking so flustered and talked about how when his child was that age he wished that age away. And now he regrets wishing it away. His son came around the corner and he was about 14. Then he said as he was leaving, "You know what they say, God doesn't give you more than you can handle." And I said, "Yes, but also in the
Bible the people begged and prayed for a King and God said ok and gave it to them." He got a chuckle out of that.

So do you want to see a scary picture? I know I would be embarrassed to wear this in front of any of my friends, so I thought I would just get it over with and show the whole world...



pretty huh?

But I am sleeping very well because of it!






Last night I went to Dana's and scrapbooked. I got 2 layouts done, and I organized some. I also got 3 easy layouts done before I got to her house. I'll have to take pictures and put them on later (probably tomorrow).

Tonight Greg and I are going to see Annie the musical. We haven't gone on a date in a very long time. It will be nice to get out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet you don't sleep on your stomach anymore!

Jann Gray said...

I say..."it's night time -- who cares what you look like...we all get 'bed head' which is scary too -- if it helps you sleep...wear it girl."

Now...if you were thinking of wearing it to ScrapIT! we would have to talk....cause I don't think I would understand a word you said through that mask...and I don't want to miss once single word -- cause you make me smile and think and laugh right out loud!

Glad you are getting good sleep...I am praying for that adjustment period...and after today's blog -- pray for a spirit of self-control to come over your precious little ones when they are out in public.

Love ya girlfriend...and know that you handled that trying situation with great aplomb!

Renee said...

you look like you want a plate of liver and onions with a nice glass of chianti, Clairice.
Sorry, had to make a joke.
Glad you're getting sleep because of it!
Congrats on getting LO's done. I took most of my stuff to PA and did NOTHING except get it all messy cuz I picked thru to just bring one big basket full of stuff. UGH!!!!!