Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a very nice day.
Greg made pancakes for me in the morning.
Ashley actually sang a "mommy song" instead of a "daddy song"
The kids cuddled with me this morning and told me happy mother's day.
It was very sweet.

I teach the 2 and 3 year olds on Sunday morning and we made a really cute craft for Mother's Day. We asked each of them to answer questions about their moms and we wrote them down on paper flowers. Some of the answers were hysterical. I asked one kid how old his mom was and he said, "um...like 10". And another...Why do you love your mommy?...because I like it when she buys me gifts. I love this answer from Austin...What is your Mommy's favorite thing to do?....Eat and wash dishes. LOL! They were a hoot!

Doris and Gabriel joined us for lunch today at Outback. Unfortunately Outback took a tremendously long time to get seated and a tremendously long time to get our food out to us. The kids were tired and by the time we got our food they were ready to go home. Outback is my favorite resteraunt, so I know what the food usually tastes like. And I was extremely disappointed with the food today. I sent my steak back because I asked for medium and I got WELL DONE and tough. Then when my steak finally got to me the second time it was RARE and so much seasoning on it that it tasted bad. I don't mind medium rare, but rare is nasty. I brought it home. I figure if I cook it some more Greg will like it. But it was still nice to be out and not have to think of something to cook.

My Mom and Mother-in-law got their gifts yesterday in the mail. I think they really like them. Here's a picture of my Mom with her gift. (Hint hint Gayle) I made those altered clipboards for them. You can see Mom's in the picture. And Gayle's is like mine, made with pinks and blues. I took Ashley's dress and scanned it in to use as paper on ours.

Well I hope your day was a pleasant one and that tomorrow is even better.

No comments: