Thursday, May 18, 2006

CPAP night and Alias

So you want to know how it went?

Surprisingly I feel better rested today. You are saying surprisingly?

Yep, I was up a lot last night. It doesn't help to drink 8 8oz glasses of water the second half of the day. And I really need to get use to this machine. I woke up in a panic that I was getting carbon monoxide poisoning, and I was having a hard time waking up. I forced myself up and went downstairs to read more about the machine. I felt a lot of air coming out the back of the mask and I thought that wasn't right. So I called the 24 hour support line at 3 in the morning, to find out that is what it is supposed to do.

I slept the rest of the night on the couch. Mason came downstairs and said, "Mommy? Mommy? Did you get a good night's sleep?"

You should see me...this machine makes me look like a monster. I guess I won't be waking up with perfect hair anymore. :(

It kind of scares Greg to see me hooked up. It makes him think that I'm in a hospital or something fighting for my life.

But all in all... with the little amount of sleep I did get, I think I feel better. I'm a bit groggy, but I have more energy than usual.


Now....Ughh! with everything going on yesterday I forgot to tape Alias. Urrrr...Anyone out there taped it and can let me see it? I'm embarrassed to ask Tracie again. :) (but Tracie if you are reading this, I would be so obliged if I could borrow it). Is obliged the right word?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read the title, I thought it said CRAP machine and obviously you were not pleased with it. Glad it said CPAP (What does that stand for? Know I should know that by now.)

That ear drum thing is scary. I understand when you get used to it, you will be very happy.

Jann Gray said...

I thought it was a CRAP machine too...but since I have never heard you use that word I decided I couldn't be right.

I hope you get used to it soon and get lots and lots and lots of rest. I would have been nervous the first night or so too...I am sure they are accustomed to LOTS of middle of the night calls for new users! Take care friend....

Renee said...

Yea for you and your "crap" machine. Your kids are so thoughtful. Can't wait for Camp Graham!

TracieClaiborne said...

Chelle - I think I do still have Alias on tape but did you know that the finale is MONDAY NIGHT?

I don't know how I would get it to you by then.

Also...I might be selling some of my Kindergarten things but didn't you just tell me the other day you decided not to homeschool?

E-mail me!