Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Meatballs

I took Austin on a "special trip" to the grocery store tonight. He said, "I go on special trip cuz it's my bir..."Then he stopped himself and said, "because it's somebody else's birthday today." LOL! _____________________________________________

So since, the weather is not so great, I've decided to make several crafts this week to give them something to do.

Tonight I was going to try out a recipe for Rubber Flubber before giving it to the kids. But they saw it.

A year or 2 ago, I did a kid's recipe swap. One person did GAK. Another person did Rubber Flubber and a 3rd person did Glob. Turns out that all of these are the same thing. So as I was making this, I was thinking why would anyone want to play with this. Ashley was so curious in what I was making and just had to have some. BOY am I glad I made it. This was the best fun! No matter what anyone else calls it....to my kids it's meatballs. Yep- Meatballs! They threw their meatballs and ran after them. I'm sure that they got this idea from the Elmo Video where Snuffy is running after his giant meatball. They had so much fun! They didn't want to put it away at bedtime. Well now we have playdough and Meatballs to play with tomorrow for another rainy day. I might get brave and make puff paint, but we will see.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

wow, first playdough and now goop/gak/flubber aka meatballs. what a great mommy you are!