Thursday, August 25, 2005

Just need to vent


Today was an exceptionally hard day. I feel like I'm falling apart. I just can't get ahead to save my life!

Yes they look cute- but they are toddler terrorists! I cleaned the Family room, within minutes you can not tell that I did anything. I folded clothes to put away and the kids dumped everything on the floor so they could have "boats". I was putting clothes away in their drawers when a mirror came crashing down and broke into several peices. It hit Ashley, but she was not hurt. And I'm surprised Austin and Mason weren't hurt either since they ran through the glass to get out of the way.

So while I was cleaning up the mirror... I had to just about beat the kids to keep them out of their room, yelling Danger this will hurt you. Well finally when I got the broken vacuum out they went running. They don't like the sound so they went in my room and the bathroom. OH NO is right! They used all of the dixie cups, they got into the toilet, threw things down the steps, threw things down the vents, got into the toothpaste, dumped the soft soap, dumped toys all over, etc.

The only way the vacuum works right now is with the attachment. So I vacuumed the floor on my hands and knees going over all that I could. I think I cleaned it up well. I did find some in a drawer, which means I have to wash all their clothes.

This happened right before naptime. So I couldn't just lock the door and deal with it later. Oh speaking of LOCKING the doors. The kids locked themselves into my bedroom. Thank goodness they unlocked it. This is the room we had to call a locksmith to unlock.

At nap time... Ashley and Austin got a swat because they got out of bed. They made me so angry I put myself in time out! They cried themselves to sleep. And I took 2 Advil and watched Oprah with a big bowl of ice cream and choc. chip cookie dough. (I know! Don't get on to me!)

Oh and did I mention I'm potty training?

Mason held it ALL day. He is terrified to pee on the potty. He had a meltdown b/c I made him sit on the potty today. Ashley and Austin peed in their underwear more times than I can count and they know how to use the potty. Ashley and Austin had a meltdown b/c I wouldn't give them a treat since they peed in their underwear.

Ashley got mad today and threw her orange juice. So I took it from her and told her she couldn't have any more juice today. So of course that was an issue today too. I told her she could have water or milk. You would have thought I took away her security blanket.

Oh speaking of security blankets. She spilled cereal on it and I have to wash it. She doesn't have it for bed time. She didn't seem to be too upset tonight. Thank goodness.

Ashley also got mad at me because I couldn't (not wouldn't ---couldn't)find her giraffe chair. (which is shown above in the picture)

She was such a brat today! She had a few spankings and deserved them too.

Today was BAD! They ate french toast sticks for breakfast, cereal for lunch and cereal for dinner. Well then Mason and Austin had a PB&J sandwich right before bed.

I really want to cry! Thanks for listening to me vent.

No comments: