Thursday, August 04, 2005

It was a hard day!

The training: I've had a hard day today.

Everytime I said it was time to sit on the potty, Austin would say, "NO" or "I don't need to". Well of course he didn't need to, he had peed all over the house. Today has been harder than the last 3 days!

They wanted to play in the laundry baskets, so they dumped all the clean clothes out on the floor this morning. UGH!

Ashley put a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet and has peed. So now I have a stopped up toilet and a real mess to clean up. She has told me over and over today that she broke the toilet.

She also played with water downstairs, while I was upstairs with Mason. She had water all over the bathroom floor.

Then to top it off She got into my makeup and put on my lipstick, that never comes off, on her arms. She is upset that it won't come off. Austin and Mason were in to the make-up too (atleast they used the non-waterproof mascara). Austin and Mason had make-up all over them and they just kept saying Ashley did it. I said yes, I know Ashley did it, but you did too. And I picked up Austin to show him his cheek. And he said, "yes I did this all by myself". And you are asking where was I when they were getting into the make-up? On the computer telling some friends that I was having a hard day. They are asleep now, I've learned my lesson.

I got really depressed today and decided I HAD to get out of the house. So I took them to the Parent-Teacher Store. I didn't think we would be there that long. I put on pull ups, because I didn't want to deal with a mess then. We got there and they fell apart! I didn't know how I was going to get them out of the store. I'm glad the customers were understanding, one of them even said to me, "we've all been there." The clerk on the other was not very happy. But I think he was having a bad day before we even walked in the door. They fell asleep on the way home. I tried to nap, while they were napping, but it didn't happen. I did get a little rest though and I feel rejuvinated.

We started the chore chart tonight. 1. Put dishes into sink 2. Pick up toys 3. Put clothes into laundry basket. They liked putting the "stickers" (not stickers but for lack of a better word that's what I'll call them) on the chart. And it worked so I suppose tonight ended on a much better note.

No comments: