Monday, June 12, 2006

happy spiders!

My kids are ALL ABOUT Happy Spiders. They learned about them from the Barney Halloween Video. So Saturday we made these happy spiders.

This one is Ashley's. It has 2 eyes, 2 cheeks, mouth, nose, one eye brow, 2 ears, one elbow and 2 feet.










This one is Austin's spider. He came downstairs a little later than the other 2. So he has 2 green eyes, 2 cheeks, nose, a mouth and 2 elbows.











This is Mason's spider. He kept asking for more and more things to put on his. He has 2 eyes, 2 cheeks, a nose, 2 ears, 2 eyebrows, 2 feet with toes and 1 elbow.

SO....when I was getting ready to go to Scrap It, Mason said he wanted more parts to put on his spider. He said, he wanted legs, arms and hands and breasts. I laughed. I told him Daddy would have to help him because I had to leave. So I was retelling Daddy what he had said to me. And when I got to the breasts. Daddy said Noooooooo, we're not going to make breast. And Mason just very sweetly said, "but I wanted to make a girl spider."

4 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

There are those sweet little happy spider! Those are too sweet! You are such a great mommy, I can tell just by talking with you. I will bring the QuicKutz Key Hole Saturday. See ya then!!

Jann Gray said...

You are such a creative Mommy!

I have always been a fan of teaching anatomically correct terms etc....of course that does mean that it helps those kids
"say the darndest things!" ha! I LOVE this story!

Renee said...

Funny stuff. Once again, you're mommy skills amaze me. I think I'm a great mom when she only watches 2 movies a day!

Sherri said...

Those spiders are cute! We made the same spiders one year inspired by the same Barney Halloween video...isn't that funny? I think I saved them but I have no idea where they are right now!