Thursday, June 01, 2006

B is for Butterflies

Yesterday the kids learned about butterflies. Ms. Dana was their teacher. She specifically asked me not to take any pictures of her. And usually I respect that, but this picture is so good of her. Besides, you should see the picture she has of me on her blog: http://www.beckmantwins.blogspot.com/

She did ask me "after the fact" if it was ok. So I guess I'll just ask her "after the fact".

The kids colored butterflies and their pupas. Yes that was a new word for me too.






Then after our lesson we went to the butterfly house to see REAL butterflies.





Braxton said he wanted to touch a butterfly. He patiently put his arm out very still everytime one came near to him. And one actually got on him. He was SO PROUD. After that Mason tried to hold his arm out for one to fly on him. But it was more like he would put him arm on them and scare them away. And Austin- OH AUSTIN. I think he was pretending to be a SPASTIC butterfly. He was so excited he just ran around flapping his arms. And Ashley, well she said she was going to be brave this time. But it didn't happen. I had to carry her most of the time. Dana relieved me for a few minutes, just as the butterfly got on Braxtons arm. I hope she got a good picture, despite holding Ashley. And while we were there we even got to see the pupas. It was very facinating and beautiful and educational.

5 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

I want to go to the Butterfly House!!!!! I'm e-mailing you to see where it is. How do I not know about all these places? Sheesh!

Hollye said...

It was great seeing you today at the breakfast club. I hope you do decide to join the group. Where is the butterfly house at? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Jann Gray said...

wow....pupils learning pupas!

I want to o to the butterfly house....I will try to be brave this time too! Do qualify?

Renee said...

I have heard about how awesome it is. A friend's son got to open the envelopes that the butterflies are shipped to the nursery in and let them fly out! Cool stuff.

Sherri said...

that sounds like a cool place! Dylan would just love it, he loves butterflies! I keep wanting to get one of those little butterfly house kits for him..