Sunday, October 02, 2005

scattered thoughts

Today was a good day. I figured out a new schedule for the 2 and 3 year old Bible class today. And it went well. The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep MY children off my lap when I read a story to the class. I think I would like carpet squares or possibly fabric squares to have them sit on. Anyone else have any ideas how to get 10-15 two and three year olds sitting in a circle? I've tried to do ring around the rosie, but when they all fall down they run all over the place and then fall down.

We were in the car today and Ashley said to Austin, "Can you say City?" And he said, "City" and then she said, "Good job". She proceeded to do this with me too. hmmmmm....I wonder where she got that from.

Where are my children from? All of a sudden Ashley and Austin have a VERY STRONG southern accent. It's so hysterical. In most one syllable words they at least put 2 syllables.

The other day, Greg said to Ashley, "Are you my little girl?" And Ashley said, "No, I'm your woman." LOL!

Today I said to Ashley, "Come here buddy" And she said, "I'm not a buddy" I said, "Ok, Are you my princess?" And she said, "no, I'm Daddy's princess" Then I said, "Well then are you my little girl?" And she said, "Yes, I'm your daughter."

Tomorrow is a special day here. 2 years ago they painted their 1st painting. I know it may seem silly, but I plan to have them paint on this day until they no longer want to. So tomorrow I get out the paints. I don't expect the paintings to be any different from the previous 2 years, but it will be neat to see the progress in the coming years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good idea. Traditions are very good for families.

I would just like to know how you remember that it was two years ago tomorrow that they painted their first picture.

Anonymous said...

Sitting in a circle...have you tried laundry baskets? LOL

Do you have a helper in the class?
Maybe round laundry baskets would work.