Tuesday, October 04, 2005

They've learned my name

I tripped over something today. And Austin from the other room says, "Are you ok Shell?" I said, "yes, what did you say?" He said it again, "Are you ok Shell?" I said, "yes, I'm ok but you need to call me mommy." And he said, "But I'm big now and I can call you Shell." I said, "no, you need to call me Mommy." Then he said, "Well well when I get really big then I can call you Shell." And I said, "I don't think so."

Then Ashley did it. I was playing with her and she said, "Silly Chelle Greene" I said, "You need to call me Mommy" She said, "NO, I call you Chelle Greene" I said, "Yes, Chelle Greene is my name but you call me Mommy, that's my favorite name." So then she started saying "my name is Ashley Chelle Greene" Then she would smile so big! I'm ok with her calling herself by my name. She is a spitting image of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She IS the spitting image of you! If we don't get pictures of you as a little girl before you need them this weekend, this one will do.