Thursday, August 17, 2006

I love babies!

Hi friends! Guess who I got to hold today? Little Baby Mattie LaFaye. She is so pretty! I would have taken at least 20 pictures, but her daddy was VERY protective and was afraid it would hurt Mattie's eyes. So I got 3 to share. (UGH BLOGGER! I'll try in a little bit.)

Jill sounded much better when I was there tonight. This morning she was so tired. She actually doesn't remember who she talked to today. Poor thing.

Mattie Elizabeth was born around 10PM yesterday August 16. She weighed 7lbs. 11oz. And she was 21" long. Jill pushed for 6 hours and they ended up having to give her a c-section. Jill was a little disappointed in herself, but it was just physically impossible for the baby to come naturally.

But Mattie is just beautiful! Lots of black hair, just cute as can be. I wanted to take a picture of Jill and Mattie together and I told Jill that I wanted to. So she was holding Mattie and I was about to take a picture. And Jill pulls her feeding device out. (Oh my---look away---) I said, "Um, I'll just wait over here and take the picture later." LOL. Maybe she didn't know I wanted to take the picture right then. (Or maybe she did? LOL)

Anyway, the whole family was there, Rich, Trae and Isabelle. Isabelle was a hoot! She played doctor on me and amputated my arm and leg and told me all my fingers were broken too. She ran into some problems of running out of the "special water" to put my leg back on. She even went to the store to pick some up and they were out. So she got Fed Ex to send her some after I told her I would sue her if she didn't put my leg back on. AFter that fiasco- she wanted to operate on my fingers, but I told her I wanted a 2nd opinion. She's really cute!

1 comment:

Hollye said...

I've been checking everyone's blog to see if she had her yet. I can't wait to see the photos!